How to extend the life of your AC unit
As the weather heats up, your air conditioner is working overtime to keep your home cool and comfortable. But did you know there are some simple things you can do to help extend the life of your AC unit? In this blog post, we'll share five tips for keeping your AC unit in top shape. By following these tips, you can enjoy many years of cool, comfortable indoor temperatures - without busting your budget. So let's get started!
Summer is in full swing, and with it the heat and humidity. If you're like most people, your AC unit is working overtime to keep you cool. But all that use can take its toll on your unit, shortening its lifespan.
First, be sure to have your ac unit serviced regularly by a qualified technician. A tune-up can help improve the efficiency of your AC unit and may help it run more smoothly and last longer.
Here are a few tips to help extend the life of your AC unit:
1. Keep your unit clean. Dust and dirt can build up over time, causing the unit to work harder and eventually break down. Make sure to clean the filters regularly and vacuum any dust or dirt from around the unit.
2. Don't overload your unit. If you have a large home or live in a hot climate, you may need more than one AC unit to keep you cool. Trying to run too many units at once can overload the system and cause it to break down.
3. Regularly service your AC unit. Have a professional come out and inspect your unit at least once a year. They can clean it, check for any problems, and make any necessary repairs to help keep your unit running smoothly.
4. Keep the area around your AC unit clear. Make sure there's plenty of room for the unit to breathe and circulate air. Don't place anything in front of it that could block the airflow.
5. Raise the temperature setting on your thermostat a few degrees. You don't need to have the temperature set as low as possible to be comfortable – raising it a few degrees can save you money on your energy bill and help prolong the life of your AC unit.
Summertime means hot weather, and for many people that means relying on air conditioning to keep them cool. But if your AC unit isn’t working as well as it used to, or you’re concerned about how much it’s costing you to run, there are some things you can do to extend the life of your unit and reduce its energy consumption.
You can also do some simple things yourself to help keep your AC unit running efficiently. Make sure to clean and replace your ac filter when they start to get dirty. Keep the area around your AC unit free of debris, and make sure the vents are clear so that the air can circulate properly.
If you’re using a central air conditioning system, be sure to adjust the settings properly to match the weather conditions. You may also want to consider installing a programmable thermostat, which can help you save energy by automatically adjusting the temperature setting when you’re not home.
Conclusion: If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your air conditioner until it stops working. And by then, it may be too late. That’s why we want to provide some tips on how to extend the life of your AC unit and avoid costly repairs or replacements. Of course, if you experience any problems with your AC unit, please contact us right away – we’re here to help! But following these simple tips can help keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
Author Bio:- Michael Cabral
Michael is a marketing manager at EZ Heat and Air. He loves writing about innovative and hybrid HVAC installation tips. His articles help readers to have valuable insights into the importance of duct cleaning, water heater maintenance, and repair, optimum working of the thermostat, Mini-split and heat pump installation in Orange County. Read articles for more information on keeping your HVAC system in tip-top condition and leading a hassle-free life.